Welcome to the Green Ambassadors page.
Percy Main's Green Ambassadors are led by Miss Brownrigg and are made up of pupils from across the school.
Our Green Ambassadors are:
- Lexie Chirnside: Community
- Amy Maholem and Leah Binks: Community Support
- Mya Patterson: Litter
- Shannon Gough: Biodiversity
- Corey Johnson: Healthy Living
- Brooklyn Downey: Global Issues
- Scarlet Dent: Recycling
- Lee Brown: School Grounds
- Isla Neish: Eco-Schools
- Lauren Grant: Travel
- Harley Hills: Water
- Daniel Gough and Kenzie Beeching-Conway: Energy
In 2012 our school was awarded Green Flag status gained through the Eco-Schools programme. This award recognised the amount of work our school community had undertaken to achieve a high level of sustainability. This work is driven by the children’s enthusiasm for a better and brighter future and knowledge of good ecological habits and developments are gained through the voice of all our children.
Every strand of the Eco-School agenda is driven by a lead Green Ambassador who meet regularly with Miss Brownrigg to discuss progress and future planning.
During the children’s time as Green Ambassadors they will undertake the following:-
- Lead developments which are the focus of the Eco-Schools agenda and share progress and celebrations with our whole school community
- Help develop areas of our school grounds which will support and enhance T & L opportunities in our school
- Promote excellence through showcasing and modelling the high expectations we strive for at Percy Main through promotion of good ecological habits
- Lead by example
- Represent our school when we have guests and take pride in showcasing our developing school grounds
- Discuss as a group the possibility of taking on and developing new initiatives
- Through collaboration and group cohesion debate the affect of global issues that may harm our planet and how we can promote moreositive outcomes and solutions
- Take a lead role in contributing and chairing our eco meetings
- Meet with members of the wider school community to share and develop growing stands of the Eco-Schools programme
- Promote our playground as a healthy living and learning environment
- Meet each term with our Office Manager to ensure we are following our schools Green Procurement Policy (we buy environmentally friendly products i.e. paper from sustainable forests, our school t shirts are made in factories that are operating ‘Fairtrade’ employment)