Welcome to The Penguins
We are excited to announce that, in September 2019, we opened our brand new Penguins class at Percy Main Primary.
The LA commissioned the School to create a classroom for our pupils with additional SEMH needs, who would have otherwise been in alternative provision.
Penguins offers a bespoke provision for our children with additional needs. Children in Penguins access the full curriculum, being taught in a class with a high adult to child ratio.
In addition they have daily access to activities and approaches to ensure that our children:
- Feel good about themselves
- Increase their sense of security and trust
- Increase their well-being
- Improve their capacity to be creative and curious
- Increase their self-esteem and confidence to learn
- Learn to recognise and regulate their feelings
- Learn to think before behaving in a certain way